Thursday, April 06, 2006

April 6, 2006 5:01pm

See? It's 5:01, which means it's an acceptable time for me to crack open a bottle of wine and enjoy a glass on my deck.

If the sun would come out just a little bit more, it would be a perfect evening. This darn cloud over my head is creating an annoying draft.


I got a letter in the mail informing me that my apartment complex has been sold. The new owners, however, will continue to "honor all current lease agreements." But it doesn't say for how long. My suspicions were confirmed today when I saw three guys walking around on my deck examining the siding, roof, and various other structural things. I was hearing words like "condo" and "firewall", which makes me think they want to sell these apartments off, but certain changes will have to be made to meet code.

Argh! I really hope they can hold off on this for another year. I only have to live here until next May and then I'm off on rotations. I would really hate to have to find a new place just for next year and then move again. Moving is probably the most annoying thing to have to do, so I want to do it as few times as possible in my life.

This rain cloud is starting to look very ominous......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moving is annoying, so I hope you don't have to move.