Saturday, April 29, 2006

April 29, 2006 11:55pm

Finally a weekend off! 

Got caught up on sleep last night.  It was won-der-ful! 

I can't concentrate unless I feel organized.  If my apartment is a mess, I can't get anything done.  Which usually means I have to either clean the place up (and waste precious study time) or go somewhere else to work. 

So when I have a free weekend, I spend it organizing myself. 

Bathroom cleaned?  Check!
Food shopping with all healthy, organic food?  Check!
Sheets cleaned?  Check!
Laundry done?  Check!
Bills Paid?  Check!

And all of that lasts about two days.  That's how long it takes me to start leaving dirty clothes wherever I take them off and say "Screw cooking.  I'm thinkin' Arby's!" 

It's very much like when I was in grade school.  I'd start off the year with a brand new Trapper Keeper.  So much hope.  So many folders.  Each subject could have its own folder. 

Within a week, the bottom of my bookbag has a wrinkled spelling test and a dented juice box that comes dangerously close to exploding every time I throw another book into the bag.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right there with ya sister! Well...sort of.
There's the potential that my mother may be making a surprise visit this week.
So while my worn out body is saying, "Nooooooo...forget Spring Cleaninggggggggg, we're sickkkkk and tiredddddd"
My mind is saying, "Yesssssss...tooo baaaaddddd, you haven't scoured this house since before she was here last Julyyyyyyy."
I hate when I'm right.
And I hate when she makes surprise visits.
I am, however, very greatful that it won't really be a surprise.