Thursday, January 26, 2006

January 26, 2006 1:03pm

It seems my blog was invaded by some pests. I have my suspicions about who it is, but that doesn''t really matter anyway. I'm disappointed in them, but not surprised.

The purpose of me writing this blog is to vent what I'm feeling at any given moment. Unless someone has been in a similar situation, the emotional roller coaster just can't be explained. I wouldn't expect others to understand why I say the things I say. Sometimes I don't mean it 20 minutes later. Sometimes I still mean it a day later.

Bottom line is that he was right. We are too different. I thought I was okay with him not having the same goals I had (or not really having any) and I probably would be okay with that for a while. But that doesn't mean I would still be happy 10 years from now with a husband who I feel like I'm dragging through life.

Yeah, I nagged him. But, a 26 year old man (in this case, boy) shouldn't have to be nagged about finishing college and moving on with his career. That's like a 14 year old kid who won't do his homework. Acceptable at 14, but not at 26.

We were teenagers when we met and I grew up. In the process, it seems, we grew apart. That became more apparent when I came to medical school.


My friend, Amy, sent me something. It's a bracelet I gave her because she was having a rough time. It's a silver bangle bracelet with a charm on it that says "strength". I gave it to her to remind her that she has it and she sent to me for the same reason. It's like our own version of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

Went out to lunch today with some friends. Had a really great time. That kept my mind occupied for a while.

Tomorrow is looking brighter.

No comments: