Monday, January 23, 2006

January 23, 2006 4:43pm

So much for that whole marriage thing.

Funny how your world can fall apart in an instant.

He came down on Saturday for the sole purpose of ending our relationship.

So bizarre. After 8 years of a good thing it's now over.

I can't bring myself to express the details again. He blamed me, but then he changed his tune and said we were just too different for this to work. Then he said he would be settling for me if he stayed. He had already moved out of the house. Nice. Just a few days ago he is giving me information for our engagement announcement and the whole time he's moving out.

Heartbreaking isn't even the word.

I just want this to stop hurting so I can start to move on.

My theory: he has always been emotionally immature and the responsibility of a marriage and a house was not something that made him happy. His first move was right back to mommy and daddy.

There's also the psycho chick variable. A friend of his who is getting a divorce who started calling him a lot. She told him she was in love with him. All of a sudden he decided he's settling for me.

Settling. C'mon. Anyone who knows both of us could see who would be settling for who.

He told me he stopped talking to her after she flipped out on the phone with him one night. But I just checked our cell phone bills and I see he was still talking to her.

Like I said. Heartbreaking isn't even the word.

I can't even breathe.

When he was here, it was like he wasn't himself. He was some horrible, mean person. But there was just no emotion there. No sadness, but no anger either. Just a blank stare.

He talked to my mom the next day and she said he was the exact same way. Just blank.

He also assumed we would be selling the house. Um, no! That's my home. Just because he is throwing away our life together doesn't mean that my plans change.

My life as I have known it for about 8 years is now over.

And tomorrow is a new day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear the news.