Wednesday, January 25, 2006

January 25, 2006

I feel incredibly blessed to have the group of friends that I have.

The last few days have been a never-ending stream of phone calls and emails.

It helps remind me that I'm going to be okay, that I'm not someone who should be settled for...as he said when he was here... I am in no way a consolation prize. I'm well educated, funny, have a sunny future, and have a house. Yeah, the bar is real low for me. :-)

One day I will find someone who is my equal.

But good grief, did everyone in the world know I was marrying beneath me? Next time, tell me!


Today has been the best day I've had all week, in terms of how I feel. I was able to eat normally again and I feel pretty motivated to do school work.

There's some stuff that I need to work out with him. Some things that one of us pays for the other and some stuff I have of his. I called his parents' house and left a message, since that's where he told me to reach him. I also sent an email since I don't expect him to be man enough to have an adult conversation with me, so it might be easier for him to communicate by email.

The weirdest thing for me is thinking about going back to dating. I've never dated as an adult. For that matter, I've apparently never dated an adult either. We were together since I was 17, so this is going to be an interesting endeavor. One that I am kind of looking forward to, though.

1 comment:

T said...

Going back to dating has been my BIGGEST struggle with my & Scott's break up. We were together from age 19-25. (((Liz))) Remember let yourself heal before dating. Take care of YOURSELF!