Thursday, March 09, 2006

March 9, 2006 5:04pm

I fixed my computer.

No, you don't understand. This is huge.

See, for my entire adult life I have relied on DB to fix problems for me. It didn't matter if it was a flat tire, a funny noise in my car, a busted light bulb, or a computer problem- I always went to him. He fixed things for me.

Now, I don't have that as an option. A month ago, I was a little panicked about what I was going to do when crap happened.

But now I'm starting to see that I really can do a lot for myself.

3 comments:

Boobless Brigade Master said...

Oh please, do share your secret. The fan on our computer has been running since two months after we got it!

Elizabeth said...

Well, I have a laptop and the problem seemed to be related to a quarter inch layer of gunk where the fans live. There's this wire ring that tells the fans "I'm too hot" and since it was covered in crap, it was always hot.

Compressed air didn't work. I had to open up the guts of the computer, take out the fans, and clean out the gunk with a Q-tip.

Sexy, smart, and handy! There should be a club for people like us.

Boobless Brigade Master said...

Oh yeah...you rock. Took me about 30 minutes to figure out how to open the dang thing and about 5 minutes to clean everything off!
It hasn't run again yet!