Monday, March 13, 2006

March 13, 2006 12:08pm

What an absolutely gorgeous day!

Crap. Here comes rain cloud. Story of my life.

Had a great weekend. Went to visit my sister. Stayed from Friday until last night. We did loads of fun things. Saturday night was great. We went through the better part of a bottle of vodka and I got extremely loose lips. I was going on and on about all the crappy things in mine and DB's relationship.

In my more sober hours, though, I realized that everything I said was true. Lots of it really was miserable for me. His immaturity, his lack of education, his lack of understanding of- well, just about everything, that we came from very different sides of the tracks and his family seemed to resent my side of those tracks, that we couldn't communicate about things like culture, art, wine, food because he just didn't "get" it. It frustrated me. Not that I expect everyone in the world to be like me, but you want to be able to share some things with the person you're spending your life with. I thought I could overlook all of that because he was still a good person and would be a good father.

But would he? Would someone who doesn't even want to talk about things like bills, mortgage, job, school (basically, anything serious) be a good, responsible parent?

Different values. Different lifestyles. Different goals.

It doesn't mean one set is better than another, it just means they are different and don't always mix well.


So now it's back to school for two weeks before I get to go home for spring break! I know I've already mentioned how excited I am to go home, but I just wanted to say it again. I can't wait to go home! The sand, the beach, the pork roll, the pizza! My friends will be around!

Sometimes, life is just grand.


I spent most of the weekend drinking and eating major junk food, so now I feel like I need to detox a bit.


And one more thing. Don't you hate when you wait by the phone to hear from someone? Doesn't it make you feel very pathetic? I mean, if they aren't calling then they must be off doing something else that doesn't involve thinking about you. Argh!

2 comments:

Boobless Brigade Master said...

Damn tootin'! You need to tell them up front, if they don't care enough to call when they say they will, it will only take that one time...after that, you won't care enough to wait patiently for their call.

Elizabeth said...

Indeed. This is why I'm glad I have the harem of men to fall back on. I don't have to get too worked up over any one since there's always more where he came from! LOL!