Tuesday, March 07, 2006

March 7, 2006 9:21pm

Got an email from DB last night with a list of all the things he took from the house. Some of it was rather petty- like the fire wood (who does shit like that?). It was funny the way he listed everything. "My TV" "My stereo" "The dishes, pots, and silverware my mother gave me for the apartment". Hmmm. I, me, mine. I don't really care. It was all cheap stuff and the dishes were ass ugly. "The pool table light I made". Um, which he gave me as a gift.

So, I got that email around 11 last night and instantly had a breakdown. Nice. The night before a huge exam during block week. I was talking to a friend of mine at the time and he told me not to read it. Too late. As, N said, "Wow, he really is a douche bag." Yeppers.

I wrote him back, which N said was a mistake. I guess. I asked him why he was so petty to take things that are really only useful in that house (ie the pool table light) and not at his parents' house where he's living now. I also said that since he's insisting on staying at the places we goth go to, then we're going to have to find a way to coexist peacefully.



Blah!


Onto other things. Read Beej's post on random body hairs.

When I was about 20, I started to notice that I was getting these random crazy hairs on parts of me that aren't supposed to have hair...like my cheek, chin, and chest (which Beej very eloquently refers to as Nipskers). There has to be some reason for this. Why did my body just randomly decide "Hey, I think it would be a good idea to have one crazy long hair right THERE." Men don't have this problem. Hair just grows everywhere and it's ok because it's supposed to. It doesn't matter if it's on their legs, arms, chest, back (though that's always gross) or anywhere else. But why does this have to happen to me?

And what's going to happen when I'm 90 years old and don't have the corrdination to tweeze these out anymore? Will someone do it for me? Will they even care in the nursing home? Or will I have to be one of those pathetic creatures with a party hat and a cupcake in front of them on any given holiday? And there I'll be with my crazy hairs coming out of my chin.

That brings me to another topic. Why do we patronize the elderly in nursing homes by putting party hats on them, bows in their hair, and candy necklaces around their neck? It seems to be very commonly done with women there. These are women who have lived through the great depression. They raised families. Many of them had careers as teachers, nurses, and a thousand other things. Some of them lost husbands at a young age and were left alone to take care of their family. And when they're at the end of their life, someone 50 years younger than them has the nerve to stick a bow in their hair. They haven't had a bow in their hair since the age of 4. Why is it necessary to have one at 80 or 90?

2 comments:

Princess PinkLady said...

Youe ex sounds as petty and trite as mine. When we divorced, and I moved out, I left a few things behind on accident. Well, those were promptly given away, because "you forgot them". Stupid douchebag that he is. He even gave away some of my son's baby clothes. Idiot. I am convinved men do these stupid things to feel more powerful, because they know in reality, they are little boys trapped in a man's body. Or at least that's *my* theory LOL.

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like a good theory! I blame us, though. We keep finding boys and try to turn them into men when it just can't be done. Oh well, it's a hard lesson learned.