Saturday, March 18, 2006

March 18, 2006 12:43pm

:::sigh::: once again, another bizarre comment from an anonymous poster.

I'm starting to wonder if this really is some random person who doesn't know me at all or very well. Clearly, by their word usage and syntax they aren't very bright. But they also make references to things that aren't true- like my parents (one of whom is deceased) and which state I am living in (which is wrong). Also, the insults are more along the line of someone who is about 14.


Hmmm. Maybe it is DB. LOL!


This is going to feel like the longest week ever! Only 5 days and one Neuroscience exam stand in the way between me and going home.

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to relocate my life to a new place. What it would be like to live somewhere other than Jersey. I don't know that anyplace else would ever feel like home to me, though. I have an incredible life waiting for me back there and I really want to go back to it. Or maybe it's just that I know it so well that I wouldn't be able to feel comfortable anywhere else.

One of my favorite things to do is go to the beach at night. There's nobody there. It's quiet. Just you and the waves.

There's also something about the salty air at home that makes me sleep really well. Mountain air just isn't doing it for me.



I have a small family. My mom has one brother and one sister- both married but no children. There's my half sisters, but they all live far away. So for the most part it's just my mom, my aunts and uncles, and mom's uncle, and my grandmother. I'm the only one under 50. My grandmother, well, she doesn't leave her room much. My mother's house is more like a nursing home now. The whole thing is kind of depressing.

I think that's why it always has been (and probably always will be) so important to me to have a family of my own. I want to be able to do everything I didn't get to do or have as a kid. I want a house full of people. No tension. Everything really relaxed. I've probably been trying to put that life together in some way for years. That's why I'm so focused on school and where I'm headed in my career. I've got the house. Now I just need to fill it. I know where I'd want my kids to go to school. I know what kind of food I want to have on holidays. I know the things that are important to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That last paragraph really made me think....I dunno. It just did.