Friday, March 17, 2006

March 17, 2006 11:27am

I'm boycotting Saint Patrick's day. I think it's a non-holiday like Halloween or Arbor Day.

Anyway, talked to a friend from home today who saw DB and a girl out for breakfast with a fat couple a few days ago. I'm pretty sure I know who the couple is and I have no doubt who the girl was.

It doesn't really matter since I already knew, but it just always stings.

It's better for him, though. She's more what he wants and needs. Someone who is at his level (actually, below) intellectually. Isn't that what most men go for? Men date down. Women date up. I broke that rule and look what happened. She isn't all career focused and doesn't have a lot of education. But most importantly, she's there. While he would never admit it, I could tell he was very angry with me for leaving. In the weeks before I moved down here for school he kept saying, "You're leaving me." As if I was somehow doing this to punish him.

I have the satisfaction of knowing who I am, where I'm going, and what I have and will accomplish is eons beyond what he could ever imagine for himself. The pisser is that he'd never get it. It will probably never occur to him what a good thing he gave up. I, on the other hand, am very aware of what I'm gaining now and that a whole new world is opening up to me.

And speaking of that whole new world. There's someone who wants to enter it. I know, I've mentioned this before in brief detail. But it's becoming much more real now that I'm heading home in a week. I'm excited and scared all at once.

It's good to have things to look forward to. I have so much that I don't even know where to begin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.