Monday, September 04, 2006

September 4, 2006 9:21pm

Went in another cave with Georgina today. Here are some pictures...




This is Georgina sliding down the rocks because they were covered in slippery clay.


There were some pretty amazing formations in there.

And yes, that is a bike helmet. We wore them to keep from getting our heads whacked while getting through the tiny entrance....

Yes, I slid my fat ass through this.

We went down pretty deep, but I checkened out when it got particularly steep. Maybe if we had more people with us I would have been more comfortable with it. There was a waterfall somewhere down in there. I could hear it. Georgina said there is a room where people made gargoyles out of the clay that settled. Maybe I'll get there next time.

On the way back up, I became incredibly tired. I don't know if it's just being out of shape or if I was dehydrated, but I really didn't think I was going to make it. I just couldn't get enough air and my heart was racing. It was a very uncomfortable and scary experience.



Right now I am watching Wife Swap. Friends, why didn't any of you love me enough to introduce me to this chocolate covered ball of crazy goodness called Wife Swap?

Wife #1: Teacher, waitress, mom of 3.
Wife #2: Stay at home mome of 2 who homeschools her children.

On the surface this doesn't seem so bad. Wife #1 is a teacher so the homeschooling thing should be a snap. Wife #2 has been teaching her kids so she should be able to handle the classroom for a few days and every mom is a waitress to some degree.

Well, not quite. The catch is that Wife #2 is obsessed with the middle ages. She makes her family dress like court jesters, kings, princesses. Her "homeschooling" lessons include shoe making and medieval dance. Both are skills that I was sorely lacking when I got to college....and it showed!

So Wife #1 is awesome and she went into Family #2 to Reg-U-Late. She's got those kids back in real school, making friends, and got rid of the dungeons and dragons crap. Wife #1 isn't really getting the picture. Oh, she made them all eat dinner together which was nice.

I love seeing crazy families on TV. I especially like to see crazy women. Passive women are my favorite because they rile me up to no end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I kid you not...I just sat down and watched it for the first time last night as well. You should have seen the first one!
Wife #1 - wealthy, previous teen beauty queen, dressed in matching outfits with young daughter, husband would let her sleep in half the day whilest he cared for children in early morning and then dropped them off at school...oh, and husband took two hours to get ready to go anywhere! They prepared only microwave meals and thought the children's activities were more important than school work.
Wife #2 - called herself a freaky side-show gal with various piercings and tattoo's, preformed juggling on the street corner to make money, taught her daughter how to get herself out of a straight jacket and would only shop at thrift stores. Husband did nothing around the house but have his "friends" come over and party.
Little girl was embarrassed and wouldn't tell any of her friends that she had a straight jacket at home, for fear they would think she was weird. Mother thought school work was more important than any activity, children essentially had no friends to speak of.
Barbie got the children to make friends at school, got the young son (previously only entertained with Gameboy) into a soccer league and the little girl into cheerleading...and took them shopping at a real store. Got the husband involved with housework and made him realize that his "friends" hanging around all the time having sexually natured conversations in front of his children was wrong and that without the "friends" around all the time, he was able to really get to know and spend time with his children.
Tattoo lady taught the other kids that they could have their own identity, not be little replica's of their parents and that the daughter could by more clothes for her buck at a thrift store than a regular one and that their school work was just as important as their activities and she herself learned that cheerleading could be fun. She also taught "Ken" that being a financial provider doesn't necessarily equal being a good father if you don't know your children and/or spend time with them.
Entertaining but good in the end!