Thursday, September 14, 2006

September 14, 2006 11:57am

Two days off from school..... so nice! No particular reason for the break, we just don't have classes today or tomorrow.

I have a friend back home who is sick. I've mentioned it before in here. He reads this blog so he knows I'm talking about him.

Anyway, I met him when I started working for him. It's because of him that I figured out what I really want to do as a career. It's because of him that I was able to do the really cool things I did. It's because of him that I feel confident that I'm actually good at something.

And now he's sick and I can't do a thing about it. It's frustrating because when someone has done so much for you (even if they don't know it), you want to return that somehow.

Me hurrying up and becoming a doctor isn't going to help much either so saying, "Well, you'll be a doctor and can help him." isn't a very logical answer though it is well intentioned.

Today is his birthday and he's in the hospital getting more chemo. I can't imagine spending my birthday like that. I know how bummed I was this year to spend my birthday not doing much of anything here, but I really have nothing to complain about.

If you want to know the rest of the story, his link is Local Rapscallion- it's on the right side of this screen also.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that. I also had to restart my chemo back in January on my B-day.
Yes...it's true, you doing what you're doing right now doesn't benefit him directly.
But, trust me...you doing what you're doing now will lead you to do bigger and better things down the road...and that will benefit other people and children and THAT means something to him.
It means something to me Liz...BIG TIME!
Thank you for making the sacarifices you're making now that will benefit many later on. You ROCK!
{{Liz}}