Friday, May 05, 2006

May 5, 2006 12:11pm

Some people just don't deserve to be liked. 

But everyone is liked by someone, so either they just don't realize that the individual doesn't deserve to be liked or they themselves don't deserve to be liked so it's like a little club.

There are some people I go to school with who I dislike for totally irrational reasons.  I feel bad about this, but I have found that even when I try to get to know them my first impression was right.

Then there's the people who obviously shouldn't be liked- such as Douche Bag and Osama Bin Laden. 

But what about all of the grey areas?  People who haven't actually done anything to you personally, but they just don't seem right.

I go to school with a girl who has an enormous head.  Pumpkin Head, I call her....not to her face, of course.  But it's not her head that bothers me, it's that she just comes across as being very arrogant and materialistic.  She wears designer clothes almost exclusively and I get the impression she looks down on others.  Even dubbing herself the "Fashion Police".  What a turd. 

I guess I'm not much better since I call her Pumpkin Head, but still...she started it! 

Ah, I guess we all don't deserve to be liked sometimes.

Yesterday I was being a brat to Mystery Man.  Just a brat, there's no other word for it.  I was annoyed at him for a variety of reasons.  Some legitimate, but not warranting being a brat, and some that have nothing to do with him, but he pays the price for it anyway. 

Specifically, I don't have enough faith in our relationship (or whatever it is) to believe that if I don't hear from him or if he's busy with other things that everything is still "okay" with us.  I assume the worst.  Go through a mini grieving period, and get prepared to move on.  Only to find out it all still is fine.

Yeah, it's a wee bit neurotic.  I hate it.  I wasn't always like this.  It's just that I'm a little mistrusting of people.  Two or three days of no contact doesn't mean "working for two or three days straight" or "been with the kids" or "my arm fell off and I needed surgery".  It automatically means "I've been off with some other chick for 2 or 3 days and you'll never know anything about it." 

I think Elvis Costello said it best, "All I ever learned from love was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you." 




No comments: