Sunday, May 14, 2006

May 14, 2006 12:58pm

Bet ya thought I disappeared!

Well, not quite.  Just been busy with school. 

We're starting to come to the end of the year.  My last day in June 2nd.  I plan to be back home in Jersey that night, in my bed, smelling the salt air. 

People who aren't from Jersey, or who aren't from the part of Jersey I grew up in just don't get why that smell is so good to me.  I love the smell of the air just after a storm.  It smells like dead fish and seaweed.  Sweet perfume.


Another weekend off since we just had a test on Friday.  I'm trying to just enjoy the nice weather and sit out on my deck.  Sometimes I like being left alone, and sometimes it gets lonely here.  But right now I kind of want to be alone.  I'm glad that I live out of the way so nobody can drive by and see my car here. 


I wish I had an artistic talent.  I admire people who can play an instrument, paint, sing or do anything that you can't learn in a book.I wish I could do something like that so that I would have a "thing".  Right now, my "thing" is being a doctor.  Nice.  But I want a "thing" that I had to be born with a talent to do, not one that I just had to pass a bunch of tests to do. 


And my hair is pissing me off.  I want to have the kind of hair that looks good first thing in the morning.  The kind that's so thick that it never gets flat.  Unfortunately, mine is so baby fine and short that it sticks straight up or just molds itself into the form of my pillow.


And another thing...why don't people in the movies or on tv ever have morning breath?  They wake up in the morning after a night of dinner followed by crazy animal sex.  They probably didn't brush their teeth before they went to sleep.  Yet, when they wake up in the morning they're still in a perfect spooning position and roll over to kiss each other with no problems.  If I did that, I'd have the chizel the layer of scum that has grown on the roof of my mouth first.

Maybe I'm just gross. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nahhh...you're not gross. You're as normal as they come.

Over the years...Scott and I always spooned a little bit after sex, but within a few minutes, we were kissing each other, saying good night and rolling over to face our prespective walls...back to back.
It's just how we slept.
Hence, we never woke up in the spoon position.

Now there were indeed a few times when we woke up, threw caution to the wind, ignored the layer of gook on the roof of our mouths and went at it again...but it wasn't just simple sex. Gentle, sweet...the kind of sex that although it's good, you're still very aware about the layer of gook on the roof of your mouth kind of sex. It was a continuation of the wild/animalistic sex from the night before where the gook on the roof of your mouth is the fartherst thing from your mind. LOL.
But yes...I agree with you...the movies make it all look so easy.
When they fall out of bed in the middle of sex, it doesn't hurt.
When they have sex in the car...the stickshift and the seatbelts clips sticking up neverrrrrrr get in the way.
And they really should quit trying to pull one over on us...there is NO WAY to comfortably and satisfyingly have real sex in a regular rectangular bathtub damnit!

Anyhoo - as far as finding your creative niche goes...ya gotta start trying different things!
Like I tell Kayla...you even have to try things that you don't immediately find interesting!
I have a hiper niece...rarely sits still for a minute. Bored out of her mind one day at my cousins house...she picked up her knitting needles and asked how it all worked. Now...a hip/cool teenager that nobody would expect to knit, let alone actually like to knit...loves to knit when she has more than a minute to sit down!
You're busy with school...so signing up for more official classes is probably out of the question. But check out your local community center for classes...you may think you don't have an artistic bone in your body...but ya never know until you try!

I can't relate with the hair issue right now obviously...but I certainly could before the chemo!
I had to wash it every single freakin' morning to get it to do what I wanted!
They say it may come back in darker and curlier. Half of me is excited about that and it scares the hell out of my other half. What do I know about having to deal with hair that actually has body?!?!