Friday, February 17, 2006

February 17, 2006 9:25pm

Are some men actually sincere when they talk to women? I'm not asking that rhetorically. I actually want to know if some truly are sincere and it's just the jerks who spoil it for everyone.

Let's say, hypothetically, that someone says some really flattering and wonderful things to me. Let's also say that I have a friend who indicates that men will just say anything to get a woman into bed. This hypothetical friend is also a man, so one would think that he would know. But, he isn't one to be insincere and if he said something to a woman, I'm quite confident he would mean it completely. He has even expressed his disgust at men in general for their treatment of women.

This is all hypothetical, of course.

Now, let's go back to the hypothetical person who is hypothetically making me melt. Do I believe him? In all the time I've known him he has never been a dishonest person or one to just say things to a woman without meaning it.

Cutting out the hypotheticals.....

Something really amazing is happening right now. I'm over the moon happy and I can't even describe why.

Maybe because I'm starting to see what it may be like to be in an adult relationship. It means being able to discuss things and not have to explain the big words, be able to enjoy the company of someone and not feel responsible for them, and never have to worry about how they will behave in public.

On the other hand, what if I turn out to be the one who is behind? If my life is in a different place than theirs and I feel like I need to catch up.

No need to worry about all that right now. Nothing is happening at the moment.

I'm just feeling very content with my life right now.

No comments: