Thursday, January 18, 2007

January 18, 2007 1:15am

I'm considering renaming this blog "Adventures in Insomnia Land".

Even taking the Seroquel doesn't knock me out anymore. Nothing...absolutely nothing lets me sleep.

If I could just get out of my head at night, I might be able to catch a few winks.
I've always been a night owl. Even as a little kid I stayed up late. I was never a morning person, but I got up when I had to.

This is getting a little ridiculous, though. I can't get to sleep until after 4am. I'm fine to sleep until noon or 1. Unfortunately, I have to go to class.

Tomorrow I have to go an hour away to a clinic. I'm seeing patients with a doc there from 1-5 or whenever they are finished. I love getting to see patients, but I'm afraid I'm going to forget something or miss something or not know what's wrong with them.

I guess that's why I'm a medical student, though. Eh? To learn. If I miss something or get something wrong it's the doc's job to know that and teach me. If I knew everything and did everything correctly, there wouldn't be any point in me being in medical school. I could just hang out a shingle.

Ok, I feel better about that now.

No comments: