Saturday, August 05, 2006

August 5, 2006 10:06pm

Calling all parents or people who were once children.......

I'm trying to find a kid's book that I remember.  Don't know the title, though.

The story is about a bear and a doll that live on the same shelf in a store.  Nobody buys them and they become really good friends.  One day, a little boy buys the bear and a little girl buys the doll and they go to different places, but are happy in their new homes.

Sucks, I know.  I would make my mom read it to me over and over in hopes that the ending would change.  It didn't. 

Any idea what the title is?  I must find this book!!


I continued my movie marathon today.  Match Point actually wasn't so bad, but I can add it to the list of movies that have no real ending.  I can also add Broken Flowers to that list and possibly even put it at the top since every conflict in the story line went completely unresolved. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay...Daisy said are you thinking about the book "Corduroy"? She vaguely remembers it was about a bear sitting on a shelf (next to a doll) that nobody would buy...and he lost a button or something...and then a little girl finally came and bought him???