Friday, August 18, 2006

August 18, 2006 11:57pm

Pizza makes me thirsty.  Not just normal "Hey I ate something salty so I need a cold drink" kind of thirsty, but more like "I have stopped producing antidiuretic hormone and I need a constant flow of liquid into my body" thirsty.

I had three slices of pizza for dinner tonight and have since finished off 3 Quarts of unsweetened iced tea.  Let me tell you.... I am a peeing fiend!  I just can't help myself. 

I don't think this is normal.  I feel like I should be able to handle my salt a little better. 

This summer I had abnormally high blood pressure.  After a million tests, I was told that it was probably due to stress and anxiety and I needed to just relax more. Just as quickly as it got high, it went back to being quite low.  When it was high I didn't know and didn't care.  Now that it's low, every time I stand up I instantly get dizzy and my heart pounds so hard I think it's going to jump out of my chest.  I would worry about this, except in school today I learned that this is a normal reaction as long as it lasts just a few minutes.  It does.  It's called "reflex tachycardia".  What happens is that all my blood falls down in my body because of gravity and my heart tried to pump faster to get more of it to my brain. 

Yay for my heart looking out for my brain's best interest. 

But none of this is related to my thirst issues. 

When I don't eat salty food I don't get thirsty.  Sometimes it will be 3 or 4 in the afternoon before I realize I haven't had anything to drink.  I live in a constant state of dehydration and, therefore, low blood pressure. 

I read one of BBM's posts on how she drinks milk with every meal and something clicked in my head "that sounds yummy".  So now I am addicted to drinking organic milk with every meal...except pizza because that doesn't sound yummy at all. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes...pizza + milk ='s YUMMY!

And I had to wear flipflops because my feet swell and hurt from the neuropathy and I can't fit them into my sneakers. LOL. I tell ya, if it ain't one thing, it's another!

Now ya made me want some pizza dang it!