Sunday, August 20, 2006

August 20, 2006 11:23am

Today is my 25th birthday.  For the first time in years, I actually want to make a big deal about my birthday.  Maybe it's because I'm trapped at school and can't really do much to celebrate. 

I am going to lunch with a friend today, so that's something. 

I don't like being 25.  I thought I would have more accomplished by now.  I know that sounds absurd, but I really thought I'd be further along in my life.  I thought I'd be more settled with a job and just general lifestyle. 

A lot of that changed this year and was beyond my control.  I hate when other people don't understand my plans! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang it all!
Happy Be-lated!

Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean about wishing you'd be at a different place by the time you were 25 (or for me, 27). But you're doing great anyway, you're still en route to that place you wanted to be and so...its a lot better than if you were where you thought you'd be and had changed and been this other person.

In other words, keep hanging in and rocking. :)