Monday, July 10, 2006

July 10, 2006 2:24pm

This is the last summer I am ever going to have off. 

For most of the world, summers off stopped after high school or college, but I extended that by a few years. 

Not having summers off is just normal for most people.

I, however, am not coping with this very well.  I planned to have the most awesome kick ass summer vacation ever.

It didn't happen that way.  Most of my plans fell through and those that didn't turned not to not be "all that".  I think the anticipation was too great.  My expectations were too high.  Shit just didn't go my way. 

Well ain't life a bitch? 

But I do have some new plans for the coming year.  Specifically, I want to come home more often.  Last year, that long stretch between August and December when I wasn't home nearly killed me.  I had DB coming to see me a few times, so that helped, but now I'm on my own.  I asked Mike to come and visit, and he said he would like to and will try, but with his work schedule I don't know how he can until things settle down with his business.  I don't want to come up here just to see him, though, I want to sleep in my bed, in my room, in my house, cook in my kitchen, and just be in my town. 

Ooooh.  I had moles removed today.  Isn't that exciting?  One was really funky looking which is what prompted me to go to the surgeron in the first place and he decided to take 3 others at the same time.  So anyway, one was on my shoulder and I started to watch him cutting into it and YIKES I completely freaked out.  Not good.  No.  Very bad.  For some reason, doctors think that because I'm in medical school I want to see these things.  WRONG.  My gynecologist offered me a mirror last time I was in her office.  A mirror?  No thanks.  Ya seen one ya seen em all. 


No comments: