Tuesday, December 13, 2005

December 13, 2005 12:30pm

I decided to move this to Blogger.com since it's easier to make changes. Also, people can leave comments. Not that I expect to establish a large following, but if someone I know stumbles upon this they can leave a note.

So...on to today's thoughts....

Women annoy me. Not all women, just most. And, yes, I know I am one so I should have more love for the sisterhood or whatever. But, I don't. Women just plain annoy me. The majority of women are generic. They are all the same. God forbid they do anything to be different. This is particularly true when it comes to how they act around men. Bat their eyes, flip their hair, giggle a lot, touch everyone and everything in sight. Don't have too many opinions of your own. No! Never! Someone might actually think that you have active brain cells. How humiliating!

The sad thing is that being generic seems to be the way to find a guy. The more you bat your eyes, flip your hair, giggle, and otherwise put as little difference as possible between you and a suped-up Tickle Me Elmo the better your chances are of finding a date.

Why is that? Is this what men really want? Is anything other than a Femme-Bot too intimidating to handle? Or is the threat of rejection higher so it isn't worth trying?

These women have lowered the standard and set it at the same time. It makes me sad, in a way. Maybe they wouldn't all be so generic if it wasn't rewarded the way it is. The frightening thing is that I see it even now, in medical school. A group of women who are highly educated, intelligent, and driven. Yet they still do whatever they can to be exactly like every other woman in the country.

Maybe I just like to stick out. :-)

No comments: