Saturday, November 11, 2006

November 11, 2006 1:24am

I'm doing much better, thank you.

I'm sure it has something to do with the 1/3 of a coconut custard pie that is sitting in my lap right now.

There is something sort of comforting knowing that I can eat 1/3 of a pie when a month ago I wasn't eating anything for days at a time. I feel like I'm making progress. Maybe next month I'll be able to down a quart of ice cream in one sitting.

Right around the age of 17, I started taking birth control pills because I had periods that lasted roughly 18 days. That was obviously unacceptable and the problem was taken care of.

One wonderful effect of the BCP's was that my acne finally cleared up.

Ever since then, I have had really nice skin. Yes, I don't mind saying it. I exfoliate regularly. I am obsessed with Clinique products. I have fabulously smooth and clean skin. I never ever have a breakout on my face anymore.

I specify "on my face" because it seems that pimples have found new and exciting locations to sprout up in. Some especially memorable ones: in my ear, on my butt, in the crease of my leg where my inner thigh meets the rest of my body, in my nose, on the back of my neck in my hairline.

Now, these aren't like the normal pimples I always got on my face as a teenager. These zits are massive and exquisitely painful. The ones in my nose even make it hurt to breathe.

All I have to say about this is... WTF? A zit in my ear? My EAR! It's an ear! Why does a zit feel the need to sprout up in my ear? What can it possibly accomplish? And the one in the crease of my leg? I was sure that was a tumor at first.

So how does one handle something like this? Is there a Clearasil made specificially for those persistent ass pimples? And how exactly can I get some Noxzema in my ear without causing hearing damage?

I swear, if it's not depression, it's poorly placed acne. I just can't win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay...first of all...Grrrrrrrrr.
I replied to your last post dangit, but it isn't there now!

In response to your question of how do you get through it alone....YOU DON'T!!!!
You call me L...any goshdarnitfreakinfrackin time of day. One because that's the kind of friend I am and 2 because I'm up ALL hours of the night and bored out of my mind anyway! LOL
I don't care if you want to talk, ramble incoherently or just need someone to listen to you cry.
I've been there...it's hard to keep things straight in your head after reanalyzing and reanalyzing for the umpteenth time. I know you see your shrink once a month...but talk to other people in between times...let them listen and respond and give you a perspective you might not be seeing from an outside point of view woman! It can't hurt, that's for sure!

Now...are zits regular ones or blackheads? LOL