Friday, June 09, 2006

June 9, 2006 10:47pm

Life has been nice. 

I've been home for a week and already got my first sunburn.  Worked at the track a few times.  I really enjoyed talking to some of the people who I work with.  They all seem to think that DB is...well...a douche bag.  One went so far as to say to DB, "Where are your fuckin' brains?  You're really an ass hole."  Right to his face.  The best part is that this came from a 70-ish grandfather type who is on our crew.  Love that man!

Things are going well with GFKAMM. 

Ok, this is getting silly.  His name is Mike.  We'll call him that from now on. 

Anyway, Mike has been working a lot lately so I haven't been able to see him.  He works mostly in another state and stays there while he's needed, so I won't see him until he gets home...probably Sunday or any other day next week.  We've been keeping in touch on the phone and our conversations have been very nice.  He makes me smile. 

Tonight I ordered a pizza and watched Must Love Dogs.  Tomorrow I have the whole day off so I'll probably relax and do some reading.

I promised Nathan, my friend from school, that I would read All The King's Men this summer so we could go see the movie in September.  Anyone else ever read this book?  The lanugage is a little difficult (REALLY big words and very long sentences).  Not a beach read at all!  But I always welcome a literary challenge! 

So the king and all his men and I are headed off to bed.

Oh, how do you all fall asleep?  I just lay there and tooss and turn.  The sunburn is going to make this uncomfortable for me tonight, but even when I'm pure alabaster I can't fall asleep or stay asleep for long.  Any ideas?


No comments: