Thursday, June 22, 2006

June 22, 2006 11:35am

I started working at my old job again.  Not the track...well, I'm there too, but also at my job at Saint Barnabas.  I have a snazzy new title: Pandemic Planner.  Such an awesome resume boost!  I do daily updates on Avian Flu news that goes out to a growing distribution list.  I'm also writing the hospital system's pandemic flu plan.  Most of all, I'm just happy to be back there with my guys. 

I am worried about a friend of mine there.  He has cancer.  Hodgkin's Disease.  He's only about 31 years old.  Too young to have to go through this.  This is the 3rd time he's been sick in the past few years.  He's been in some form of treatment for almost as long as I've known him.  I remember when I first started working for him.  I thought he was just so-o-o-o cute!  He's still cute, but he looks very different.  Anyway, I think he isn't feeling well most days and it really breaks my heart to see him like that. 

Today is my day off and it's raining.  My big chance to go to the beach is gone. 

Hopefully I'll get to see Mike tomorrow night.  He's been working every day since last week and hasn't been around at all.  But his business is doing well and it's about to grow exponentially (fingers crossed) as long as a particularly big contract works out for him.  I miss him and it's frustrating not being able to see him or talk to him whenever I want.  But I'm very proud of him.  I sent him a text message today just to remind him of that because, well, I'm awesome. 

Off to do some studying and reviewing so I don't forget everything I learned about being a doctor!

No comments: