Monday, May 21, 2007

May 21, 2007 5:02pm

I'm feeling nostalgic for something I've never had.

Recently, I've been missing my dad. I've had these moments where I think about how great it would be if he were alive to share it with me. I wish he was around so I could talk to him about something. I wish he was there to see all the awesome cooking I've been doing. I wish I could share a museum or art gallery with him.

But when he was alive, I was never able to do those things with him. He was a difficult man and we didn't always get along. Most conversations ended in an argument, and it was rare that we shared a friendly moment.

So why am I now missing something that I never had? Maybe I just answered my own question.

1 comment:

Boobless Brigade Master said...

I can relate. My dad split when I was five and we never had any type of relationship.
I realized last year while watching the Father's Day Oprah special that (thanks to my memory, or lack thereof)...I have never celebrated a Father's Day.
Sad. Just sad.