Friday, March 02, 2007

March 2, 2007 7:57pm

I sorted through my "I'll sort through this later" pile. Actually, it turned into a bag. Inside this bag, I found pens, note pads, a travel mug, and various other pharmaceutical freebies. Bonus! Gee, if I had known it would be like a shopping trip, I would have gone thought it a long time ago.

I have an exam on Monday, so I should be studying.

I'm painfully alone at the moment. It's just too quiet here. Sometimes I really hate not having a roommate, or a close neighbor who is just "there", even if we aren't interacting.

Sigh

On that note, I've made some headway in finding a place to live starting in July. After my unsuccessful attempts at getting housing information from the hospital I will be at, I asked the clinical education office at my school to help me out. I got the name of a real estate agent, and the name of some random dude who rents houses in that area. The random dude is listed on the US Pawnbrokers Association, which just seems shady to me. So I think I'll go with the real estate agency.

I was able to contact Century 21 yesterday and spoke to a very nice woman named Julie/Jane/Janice/Jenny/Jerry (I'm really, really terrible with names). I told her I was looking for a place to rent that would be no more than 2 bedrooms and that would allow me to have a pet. I told a little white lie by saying that I have a dog. I don't actually have the dog yet, but if I start making it seem like dog + me = one unit, then maybe they won't try to say "oh, well, all we can find is this one place that doesn't allow pets."

So, Julie/Janice/Jenny/Jojo told me that she doesn't have anything available right now, but she should be able to find something for me.

Moving is such a pain in the ass, but I have to do it.

No comments: