Saturday, February 17, 2007

February 17, 2007 10:30pm

An exam on Monday....

Mom is coming to visit on Friday.....

That is my upcoming week.

I have a mess of books around me. It's completely disorganized, yet I feel smarter just having them open to random pages.

For those of you who need a visual.....


Please note that the printer/scanner/copier also makes a very handy stand for my Diet Pepsi bottle. If I left it on the desk with the computer, the lamp makes it warm.

I also discovered that my shower is harboring some nasty mildew.

Another visual....


WTF is this stuff?

My shower curtain got some nasty nasty stuff growing in a fold of it.....


It got so out of hand, that it grew legs and ran out on me.....




Honestly, I'm not a slob. I don't know what happened with this bathtub, but something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

I got some cleaner today from Wal-Mart, but it didn't remove the mildew. I can't find anything to remove mildew, just soap scum. Am I the only person in the world with the crud growing in their shower??

If anyone can identify the mystery mold, please let me know what you think it is.

In other news, I was recently informed that I must stop trying to rescue people from their own mistakes. Even when I'm seeing someone about to do something terrible to their life, I must resist the urge to swoop in, try to stop them, and then get upset when they don't listen to me.

Easier said than done. Having been through some shitty stuff, I feel like it gives my experiences some purpose if I can serve as a warning to others.

"Don't do it! He's immature! You're never going to change him."
But, he's come so far and...
"No! He's never going to change. He's always going to be an unmotivated, directionless child."
You're right. I shouldn't marry him. I need to break up with him.
::beep boop::
"What's that?"
I have a text message. Oooh, he's so sweet. He loves me soooo much!

Sigh.


On one hand, I want to warn my friends when I see disaster approaching. I want to tell them what I see in the tea leaves. I hope I can save them from the same struggles I've had.

On the other, I feel like a hypocrite. Who am I to tell someone else what does and does not make a good relationship? I cringe just thinking about someone making that connection one day and reminding me that I haven't managed to keep a relationship together successfully, so how can I tell them what to do?

I have also recently come up with a brilliantly simple business opportunity. An internet friend matching site. Just hear me out, now. It seems to me that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of internet dating sites. Eharmony, Match, Yahoo Personals, AOL Personals just to name a few. Then there are those for looking for romance within a specific race, religion, political view, occupation, or special interest.

Wouldn't it make sense to have a way to make friends this way as well? If it's so difficult to find a date, isn't it equally (if not more) difficult to find a good friendship? A pal? someone to go to lunch with?

I have looked and looked and can't seem to find any such program. It's so brilliantly simple.

Most people make friends through work, school, or their neighborhood. Well, I live around old people, I don't get along with my classmates, and I have no job right now. So, FindAPal.com would be my perfect option!

Much like my vertical hospital evacuation system idea, I'm fairly sure it is another idea that will go unnoticed until someone else makes a million dollars on it.

No comments: