Wednesday, November 05, 2008

November 5, 2008 7:01pm

Since Roger is stuck in traffic, and dinner is waiting on the stove, I think I'll put in a few more details of the wedding.

Let's see...we left off at my snot drop and leaving the church.

Oh yes...

So, we're standing outside the church, intending to enjoy just a few moments together as "husband and wife". We opted not to do a receiving line, but as guests began to leave the church they all came to us and began forming a line.

At least I was able to spare my bridal party from having to meet and greet people they don't know/don't care about. Just Roger and I were subjected to multiple hugs and kisses outside of the church, in the shade, in 50 degree weather with wind.


Oh yes, the weather. Sunny, not a cloud in the sky, leaves changing color, mid 50's, slight breeze. If you were wearing a dashing tuxedo or a 30lb wedding gown, it was the perfect weather. If you were a photographer, it was "picture perfect" (or so SnapCutie said). If you were a bridesmaid wearing a sleeveless cocktail length black dress, you were freezing.

You'll see pictures soon enough, but my girls all wore black cocktail length dresses of their choosing. They looked beautiful, and were very good sports about standing out in the wind and cold for pictures.

After lots of pictures in front of the church, we headed over to the lake for some family and group photos. Bridal party, parents, and my sisters with their families all came. SnapCutie seemed to know how to organize all of it. What kind of pissed me off is that some people were taking pictures beside or behind the photographer as he was taking pictures. The problem here is that I'm afraid we will have many pictures with everyone looking in different directions. I mean really people! We're paying $3500 to the photographer to do his job. Do you seriously think you're going to improve on his pictures with your Kodak point and shoot? Is it really necessary to be RIGHT THERE all the time?! Do you think I want to have the posed pictures of my wedding have every person in the picture looking at a different camera because while they know they should be looking at the photographer, they also want to smile for the picture their dad, brother, son, cousin, etc etc is taking!!!!

Ok, rant over.


Pictures at the lake, followed by pictures at the (very windy) beach. We only took one group shot with the bridal party (no family for this one), and then SnapCutie took some personal shots of Roger and I (of course with another snap happy family member in toe being just a bit more intrusive than i really wanted).

While walking off the beach and back into the limo (SnapCutie got some candid shots of Roger putting my shoes back on for me after dusting the sand off my feet), I ran into a girl I went to school with from 1st grade-12th grade, but I haven't seen since the day we graduated high school. There she was, walking on the boardwalk with her husband!

Off we went to The Crystal Point!

And that's all the details I can type for now. I promise more, I promise!

No comments: