Monday, November 03, 2008

November 3, 2008 6:45pm

Oh I so wish I had pictures to share.

Unfortunately, the photographer won't have our pics for a few more weeks, and all of our snap happy friends and family members haven't uploaded any pictures to Snapfish or Picasa or anywhere else that I can download from.

I promise, as soon as I have some I will put them up.

The wedding was

Absolutely

Dream-like.

It couldn't have gone any more perfect.

My day began at 8:30am. I awoke to my alarm clock, let the dog out, made some coffee, and took a wonderfully long shower.

Then, I paid bills.

Yes, I paid bills on my wedding day. Not wedding-related bills like the catering hall or DJ, but the electric bill, gas bill, cable bill, etc. There was something very calming about doing something so ordinary as paying bills.

Amy, Ellen and Macon all arrived around 10am. Cathy(my sister) rolled in with my niece shortly after. We drank coffee, relaxed, waited for the photographer (we'll call him SnapCutie).

SnapCutie arrived, and we headed off to the salon for some pampering around 11:30. The salon was kind enough to have some bagels and mimosas for us. SnapCutie took many pictures of us getting primped, which I think will make for some great shots (especially of Tessa, my niece, getting her first "Spa hair" day).

After that, it was back home for some lunch (provided by Amy's mom) and time to get dressed. Socrates provided the entertainment by getting into SnapCutie's cameras and walking all over my dress! Luckily, he had a bath the day before so there weren't any paw prints, just panicked faces.

I got into my absolutely beautiful dress. Beautiful. Breathtaking. Stare-At-Me-Cause-I'm-The -Bride-In-A-Gorgeous-Dress kind of beautiful. Oh yes, there will be many pictures to come.

Once in the dress, we realized that we were already running behind schedule. The limo was due to arrive soon, and I had lipstick that made me look like a clown. Sister Blair, my Mary Kay toting bundle of sisterly love came over to fix her baby sister's messy face. All was well! Mom came over for some pictures, and then she went off to collect the old people who can't drive themselves.Those of you who often read my blog are well aware that I have a lot of elderly people in my family and those in the middle aged crowd spend much of their time accommodating the old, cranky people. I have made it clear that I will not be nearly so accommodating in my middle aged-ness.

The limo arrived and we all piled in (after getting some practical advice from the driver about how to maneuver in my dress). We were almost at the church when we realized that we forgot the flower girl basket! Turn around. Run back inside to get it. Head back to the church.

Since we arrived just in time...and yes, I mean exactly on time...there was no time for enjoying the moment and having butterflies.

I *literally* (yes, Peg, I used it) walked in the front doors of the church and lined up to head down the aisle.

The ceremony seemed to fly by in a blur. I remember standing. I remember sitting. I remember Clayton, my nephew-in-ring bearer coming up to have the rings blessed. I also remember my nose running. I wasn't crying. Not even one tear, actually. My nose just kept running! I needed a tissue!

Roger and I were holding hands as we were about to exchange rings. I looked down at our hands. I wanted to savor that moment.

And then...

splash

Mucus

Right out of my nose

plopped right into our hands.

Just one single drop of my snotty nose fell on our newly blessed rings.

I looked up at Roger with panic, who immediately got the giggles.

Not just regular "hee hee" giggles. No, he got "My face is going to turn red as I try to hold in the extreme laughter" giggles.

With a friggin video camera running!

Luckily, it looks like I had one single tear fall down.

The pictures might be very dramatic.

A single tear falls into their open hands.

It's actually snot from my nose. One, single drop of watery snot.

Then came vows, prayers, kiss, another kiss, clapping and leaving the church to go take pictures.

And you'll just have to wait for the rest of the story for another night!

Really, do you even need any more after the snot drop?

1 comment:

My Brand Of Crazy... said...

Oh HELL TO THE YES WE NEED MORE THAN JUST THE SNOT DROP!!!
:::squeel:::
I'm so beyond thrilled for you E!
You can go to your friends Facebook page and individually right click on each picture to save them to your computer and then upload them where ever ya want...but I can't wait to see more pics than those. Love ya girl:)