Tuesday, October 23, 2007

October 23, 2007 8:19pm

Here is what I have learned since starting my new Geriatrics rotation:

If you are a woman, do not under any circumstances even set foot in West Virginia. If you live in Maryland and need to drive to Ohio, pee in a bottle until you get there.

Do not stop in West Virginia!

There is something about the men here...they hate women.

I told you all about my last absurd preceptor who hates white people and women. Well, he's gone. I then had a lovely Peds rotation with a great doctor.

And now I have returned to Hell.

Let's call him Dr. Holy. We will call him this because I think he believes himself to be so. If you can get past the Christian soft-rock CD being played OVER AND OVER in his office, and the giant "Jesus Saves" posters at every single turn, it turns out he's really a total weirdo.

My first day- I wore black dress pans, black heels, and a blue v-neck shirt. I've worn this shirt on every other rotation I've had and never had any problems. 8am, I meet Dr. Holy in the hospital. Every time he speaks to me, he speaks to my chest. Weird. By 10am he says (and I quote) "Going forward, can you please wear something that doesn't show your cleavage. It's very distracting." WHO THE FUCK TALKS LIKE THAT? first of all, nobody else I've worn this shirt around has a problem with it. More importantly, you can't see any boob unless you're looking down my shirt from my angle!

Today, I wore a shirt with a scoop neck. What does he do? Spends the whole day talking to my chest again. What the hell is wrong with this man?

I'll tell ya what's wrong with him. Dr. Crazy was just, at his core, a self absorbed asshole. Dr. Holy, on the other hand...well...you spend so many years on the God Squad and some things start to get repressed. He doesn't have anything that couldn't be cured with his wife giving him a good blow job.

In the mean time, he has a boob obsession.

It goes beyond just my boobs.

He is the doc for the nursery at the hospital. So when a baby is born, he sometimes is the doc who examines the baby and talks to the mom, etc etc. Today he berated a mom for not breastfeeding. He stopped just short of telling her that she's a bad mother, but he did say that, "A really good mom who loves her baby would breastfeed her."

DUDE!!!!

He seems like the type of man who thinks women are just a tad beneath him. That women belong home with the children and their boobs and if you don't do that then there's something wrong with you.

Why does this shit keep happening to me?

I need to get home to NJ where people are less backwards!

On a happier note....

Roger is wonderful. Working hard, but that's what makes him wonderful.

I am blissfully in love.

I told my mom the other night that this is truly the first time I have wanted a marriage, and not just a wedding.

2 comments:

Boobless Brigade Master said...

Sorry about the idiotic docs.
Thrilled about the blissful love!

Princess PinkLady said...

Ooh see, now that's when you know it's right :D With my ex, I wanted the wedding. With Anthony, I wanted the marriage. Yay for love. And boo for doctors who stare at your boobs all day long.